Re: [LUG] Kids failing on coursework because of proprietary file formats

On 17/06/2010 23:57, Rob Beard wrote:
On 17/06/10 23:04, Paul Sutton wrote:
On 17/06/10 22:07, Rob Beard wrote:
On 17/06/10 21:59, Paul Sutton wrote:

My kids are the same, they use Linux on their PC (well, I say they use it, I need to sort it out properly for them, when it works though they use Ubuntu). They love things like Tuxpaint, it always causes arguments as they both want to use the PC at the same time. I'm half tempted to
put a second PC in for them.

Rob

Perhaps they would be willing to contribute to a linux user group
meeting or software freedom day :D

Paul

Not sure, I guess they could possibly demonstrate it.

For instance my eldest could say "I'm Megan, I'm 10 and I'm a Penguin!".

Rob

I meant the school can they perhaps give a talk or something about why
they are promoting open source.

Paul

Oh right. Yeah maybe they could. Possibly it's down to clued up teaching staff.

Rob

Oh I don't know... I like the 'I'm Megan' bit. IOW Linux is easy, now Dad will show you :)

Julian