Re: [LUG] Printing: Canon Pixma?

On 13/06/10 17:29, Rob Beard wrote:
> On 13/06/10 15:27, Guy Backhouse wrote:
>> Tom did a great job setting up the printing on my iP 1900 at Shoreline
>> on 05/06, test page plus 2 other items came out perfectly, all was
>> sorted so how could it possibly cause any issue!!  Now back home connect
>> it up again and go to print only to find couple of dialogue boxes came
>> up:>
>>

>> PRINT ERROR:
>>
>> âStopping the job because the scheduler could not execute a filterâ
>>

>> MISSING PRINT DRIVER:
>>
>> â'pstocanonij' programme but it is not currently installedâ
>>

>> Bearing in mind I am computer useless and in need of the simplest of
>> instruction advice possible what can be done. Do I presume correctly a
>> need to go into Applications>  Terminal then typing something to install
>> or relocate filter pstocanonij and if so what?
>>
>> Guy
>>

> Hi Guy,
>
> You'll have to remind me, which version of Ubuntu are you running, is it
> 9.10?
>
> There is a guide here which covers the Canon Pixma iP1900, I'm not sure
> what Canon printer you have but if it's this one it might help:
>
> http://tantos.web.id/blogs/how-to-karmic-koala-and-canon-pixma-ip1800-ip1900
>

> Rob

Yeah the problems is Rob that we got this working fine at the last meet,
although we didn't follow the instructions in your link. Its a bit
concerning when you take it home and it fails to perform again.

It looks like either something remove pstocanonij or changed its
permissions so that cups cant see it.

Very strange.

Tom.