Re: [LUG] ubuntu upgrade borked

John Williams wrote:
On Sun, 2010-05-30 at 09:22 +0100, tom wrote:
tom wrote:
I set a machine to upgrade to 9.10 last night and it failed to download a few files and 'backed' up. Now, however, it is unable to download any headers or files to do an upgrade or even an install...
Any clues?
Tom te tom te tom

It seems to be something to do with the upgrade initialisation and proxy - I've turned the proxy off - great now I download the whole release again
Tom te tom te tom

Easier to pop over and grab an install cd from me?
Clean install rather than upgrade though but I think I have a external
60GB hd you can borrow to backup onto.

Thanks for the offer - it had downloaded 2.5G from the proxy before the network went down and as we were out at the big sheep today I was happy to let it spend another 5 hours downloading the rest online as I was well short of my limit. Just got back and going through the blissfull process of checing the install every now and then for 'do you want jack realtime' etc etc
I love unattended upgrades....
Tom te tom te tom