Re: [LUG] The Ipad essential apps

On 29/05/10 08:47, tom wrote:
http://www.reghardware.com/2010/05/28/ten_essential_ipad_apps/

blimey you can spend £500 on an Ipad, and then pay extra to make it as
useful as Win3.1?
I must have one - when I get a degenerative brain disease!
Tom te tom te tom

£429 for a 16GB wifi one (3G is £100 extra, god knows why when you can buy a 3G dongle for 20 quid!). I had a play today in the Apple store in Swindon. Very nice bit of kit but wayyyy too pricey (as Apples generally are). I wouldn't say no if I was given one but I wouldn't buy one with my own money (I'd be more likely to get one of those Linux based tablet machines).

Rob