Re: [LUG] New router security

On Thu, 2010-05-27 at 17:53 +0100, Neil Winchurst wrote:

As this problem is dragging on a bit, and frankly the risk in Holsworthy
is negligable, I would say it is starting to become more hassle than its
worth. I would just use WEP as its "good enough", I'm not sure where you
live in town, but how many people are around you in range and do you
feel they are a risk of cracking your wifi, even WEP.

There are a number of open wifi's in town, 3 or 4 in the square alone so
if yours is locked its just not worth the agro for anyone else. Oh, and
if yours was in the square before... Thanks, I checked my email a couple
of times :]

I use WEP here, simply because it was configured years ago and I'm too
lazy to go around changing all the devices (ps3's, wii, pda, laptop,
netbooks, desktops, ipod etc)

Living in a field 75m from the road with the nearest house 0.5miles away
helps though :]

--
John Williams
My linux blog of notes and guides