Re: [LUG] Looking for help with setting up a mail server.

I have been trying to understand how mail server are set up. I can not get it right or to the point do not understand it. So I am looking for help to sit down and set it up. I am still learn to use linux all.

I suppose the first questions are
1. Which MTA you have decided to use (ie sendmail, qmail, exim, etc)?
2. How far have you gotten?

If you just need a quick primer to how email servers work, this should start you off:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mail_transfer_agent

A word of warning, setting up a mail server badly is fairly easy, doing it right is not trivial.