[LUG] Freedom of Information Request on DCC

This was sent via www.whatdotheyknow.com to DCC. Does anyone have any data
from Torbay or Plymouth. From earlier responses from Torbay, I gather in
some ways they are further ahead than Devon CC

I refer to Freedom of Information requests in 2008-9 which reported
 that:

- Ref 332485. There does not appear to be a system for reviewing the
  purchase cost of free / open source software "FLOSS". I quote "If a
  decision is made to purchase, then Corporate Procurement Policies apply."
  But the Corporate Procurement Policies does not appear to cover FLOSS
  (reference 101000318236)

- Ref 101000298548 I quote "A project brief has not yet been produced.  The
  outcome of the Boundary Committee Review of Local Government in Devon
  that has been underway during 2008 will have a significant influence on
  any strategic review of the Office Suite and associated desktop strategy"

1)       Could you please provide electronic copies of any business case in the
         last three years in which Open Source software was rejected in favour
         of proprietary software (Oracle, Microsoft or others). Could you also
         provide details of why the software was rejected.

2)      Could you please provide electronic copies of any business case,
        including the assumptions used, analysing the cost-effectiveness of any
        Open Source software in use by Devon County Council. I note in this
        regard

         a) Freedom of Information request 00110 dated 04 Mar 10

         b) Microsoft life-cycles and end of support eg
                http://support.microsoft.com/lifecycle/?LN=en-gb&x=16&=10&p1=8753
                for Office 2007

--
Henry
Photocopies or faxes of my signature are not binding.