Re: [LUG] Steam is coming to Linux

Hold up a moment, Valve only have direct control over their own games and while a few of these are rather popular (CS:S, TF2) they are by no means the biggest attractions out there. I seriously doubt that an admittedly large game company porting steam over will cause Activision (Call of Duty series) for example to remake their games to use OpenGL. Eventually it may happen but for the next few years I can only see this bringing in more indie developers of small titles and incidentally there were plenty of those on Linux anyway, but in the meantime Windows shall continue thanks to big developers who can pull in Average Joes by the millions.

On Tue, May 18, 2010 at 8:07 AM, Peter Lloyd-Jones <peter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Mon, May 17, 2010 at 8:11 PM, Rob Beard <rob@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>From what I've read in the past, Steam is one of those things that keeps some gamers from ditching Windows altogether.

Hi Rob

Perhaps the converse is also true.  Maybe more people would play their games if they did not have to reboot into windows???

Peter