Re: [LUG] Jogglers ...

On Mon, 2010-05-17 at 23:50 +0100, Tim Dobson wrote:
> On 17/05/10 12:41, Gordon Henderson wrote:
> >
> > Just had it pointed out to me that they're Â49.95 again - until the end
> > of May...
> >
> > http://shop.o2.co.uk/joggler
> >
> > Gordon
> >

> Has anyone got one?
>
> I'm a little confused as to what the cool stuff you can do with them
> after you reflash them is....
>
> Have people already got them? What are you doing with them?

I picked up two, ordered another for a friend.

www.joggler.info joggler hacking site popped up very quickly when the
first lot went on sale.

One of mine sits on the desk as a clock and I run it as a digital photo
frame at times, main reason I got them was I had been waiting for a
decent resolution digital photo frame for a while, at a good price. The
Joggler does that and ofc much more being practically a Â50 netbook
(without battery)

You don't reflash them if you want to use Ubuntu or something on it, you
boot that from the USB, unless I missed something  in the last couple
weeks anyways.

I also use mine as a quick means to get upto date weather summary, I use
the Openpeak app which I installed rather than the default O2 one. The
Openpeak one handles multiple locations which I wanted, Holsworthy,
barnstaple, Bude and Exeter.

I also use mine to pop a movie on via the media streamer from my unpnp
server that feeds my ps3's media. I used to just have a portable DVD
player for that, but this is a heap handier just being able to play the
divx off the server. The google calendar on it is handy, but tbh the
Ipod is better for me at that, the app is a bit slow on the Joggler.

Oh, and I sometimes watch the streaming BBC channels on it if not a
movie.

--
John Williams
My linux blog of notes and guides