Re: [LUG] devede

On Sun, 2010-05-16 at 15:23 +0100, Alex Mclennan wrote:
> Hi all,
>           I just installed devede from the package manager (mint 9)but
> cant find it,as it has not put an icon any where,any clues as to where
> it is or can anyone recommend software to convert avi to dvd.
> alex the noob

I would check if it installed by entering "devede" in a terminal (pretty
much what Paul suggested in other response" and if that works, then
manually add it to the Mint9 menu, I can't describe that process as I
don't use Mint or more specifically then Global Menu that it uses.

As for recommending anything else, I wouldn't. Devede is brilliant,
effective and easy to use.

Drop your AVI's into it after you chose the disk you want to create, ie.
DVD Video. Then when the AVI('s) are added, click the correct disk size
3/4 down on the left, default is 4.7gb and correct for me. Then on the
right hand side of that click to Adjust Disk Usage, it then fits the
AVI's to the disk.

I've actually been using Devede the last few days converting some
myself, it takes about 3-4hrs on my lowly single core 2.0ghz Athlon.

Good luck.
--
John Williams
My linux blog of notes and guides