Re: [LUG] OT: - cleaning w2k box

Paul Hirst wrote:
On Wed, 2010-05-12 at 12:43 +0100, tom wrote:
I've a w2k box my daughters use( still cant get wine to run properly)
and it pings an address every 10 seconds or so so I guess theres a bot
or something in there.

Out of interest what address does it ping? Is it an ICMP ping or are you
overloading the word 'ping' and it's actually doing a TCP connection or
similar?

its perfora.net (74.208.84.230)
I've just noticed (having restarted w2k to get this info) that it is pinging before the user screen is up and its properly on the network so it may be a dodgy driver for the wireless card....
Tom te tom te tom