Re: [LUG] OT: - cleaning w2k box

On 12/05/2010 10:05, Steph Foster wrote:
On 12/05/2010 08:45, tom wrote:
I've a w2k box my daughters use( still cant get wine to run properly) and it pings an address every 10 seconds or so so I guess theres a bot or something in there.
Its AVG but a scan from that doesn't pick it up - any ideas.
Tom te tom te tom

Bin AVG, Try Avast anti virus

I just thought... what version of AVG is she using? They stopped updating (I think) V7 some time ago so while it would work it won't get virus updates.

Julian