Re: [LUG] uTorrent Idea bank

On 09/05/10 16:26, John Williams wrote:
uTorrent has implemented an idea bank on their website for new ideas and
feature requests.

http://www.utorrent.com/ideabank

#1 Request so far, a Linux client, seems quite surprising to me. For one
its a Windows application and clearly a heck of a lot of Linux folks
want it, outstripping requests that Windows uses have for extra
features.

I'm also surprised as Transmission and Deluge are both capable existing
torrent clients, as indeed is rTorrent though I understand that isn't so
mainstream due to being console only (I use it on some shells)

Maybe people just like uTorrent. Fair enough Transmission is included with a few distros but I've found that it slows my connection down (despite me limiting the upload speed). Traditionally I've used Azureus and Vuze but to be honest I haven't used BitTorrent much over the past couple of months.

I'd say that if uTorrent is FLOSS (doesn't look like it from the brief look I had at the web site) then maybe they could get some Wine developers help port it to Linux with the help of Wine. Or if it's closed source maybe they could work with the Codeweavers developers to port the app.

Or maybe they could port it natively themselves.

Rob