Re: [LUG] Ubuntu 10.04 has been released

On 29/04/10 19:00, Rob Beard wrote:
Hi folks,

Ubuntu 10.04 has finally been released. Not sure if it's reached some of
the mirrors yet (not on the Virgin mirror yet), but if you want it, you
can grab it from here:

http://releases.ubuntu.com/releases/10.04/

Might be a tad slow though as I dare say the mirrors are taking a hit.
I'm going to grab it via Bit Torrent I think.

Rob

Well I must say, it's quick and works really well. For the first time ever, I've been able to boot Ubuntu on the wife's PC (from my old laptop hard drive) and have it detect the monitors correctly (previously the screen wouldn't come out right on the video card - ATI All-In-Wonder X800).

I did find one thing though, Windows 7 doesn't like having it's hard drive disconnected when it's in standby mode... whoopsie.

Rob