Re: [LUG] Microsoft signs patent agreement with HTC over Android phones

On Thu, 29 Apr 2010 10:42:12 +0100
Neil Stone <neil@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 04/29/10 10:23, Rob Beard wrote:
> > Hi folks,
> >
> > Just seen this on The Register...
> >
> > http://www.theregister.co.uk/2010/04/29/microsoft_htc_linux_patents/
> >
> > I wonder what Google think about this?

> How the hell can they threaten legal action without being specific about
> what laws/patents have been broken ?

It's The Land Of The Free - Free to sue without restraint....

More specifically:

"We'll sue you and we're so mega rich that you cannot afford to let
this get to court so we don't even have to care what we're suing you
about. We'll just drag this through the system until you're bankrupt."

Would have worked for SCO if IBM and Novell hadn't had the gumption and
the resources to fight.

--

Neil Williams