Re: [LUG] Kernel modules...

On 28/04/2010 19:10, Neil Stone wrote:
ok.. anyone familiar with the usbserial module.. I want to be able to
load it with specific parameters for specific hardware, and potentially
a combination of hardware (specific vendor and product ids)..

Any help or pointers appreciated..

Neil

Um, not sure if you can specify module parameters by using udev, I've still yet to get my head around udev completely but I gather if you know the device IDs you can setup a udev rule, I'd have guessed you could setup a rule when a specific USB device is plugged in with a matching USB ID (in this case the USB serial adaptor or whatever it is) then load the usbserial module with a few parameters.

Rob