Re: [LUG] Sharing a printer

> [...]
> More info: desktop Kubuntu Hardy. One laptop Mint 7 Xfce. The other
> laptop Windows XP.

Linux only, I would for CUPS. It's not great (ie. no security), but
works.

If there are Windows in the equation, I would go for CUPS over Samba.
It's *almost* easy, and works too.

https://help.ubuntu.com/9.04/serverguide/C/cups.html
https://help.ubuntu.com/9.04/serverguide/C/samba-printserver.html

There's some console suff requited, and I sure you can't manage CUPS
with a fancy GUI, but it's very good explained.

In case you want to share the printer using the Windows box, it's even
easier... but then it wouldn't be fun, would it?

Cheers,

Juanjo

--
jjm's home: http://www.usebox.net/jjm/