Re: [LUG] Small Business Web Server

On Tue, 30 Mar 2010, james kilty wrote:

On Mon, 2010-03-29 at 10:13 +0100, Gordon Henderson wrote:

If you can wait a few weeks, then if you (or anyone else!) is intersted,
I'm going to have 3 older mini-tower servers for sale - under 50 quid inc
vat each - varying specs mostly about AMD XP2000+ all with dual IDE drives
(80GB to 250GB) and 1GB of RAM or more. These have been up in the co-lo I
use for the past 4-5 years and I'm swapping them out for 3 new ones next
week. The co-lo I use has filtered air so they'll be spotless inside.
They'll be supplied wiped or with a basic Debian Lenny installed. They
might be a bit noisy though as they all have case and processor fans.

If you still have one free may I put in a request please? I'd like to
play with one in my system.

You get first choice :)

AMD Athlon XP2400+ with 2 x 250GB IDE drives & 1GB DDR RAM

I don't know it's actual power consumption as I didn't have a meter when I sent it away and the APC switch it's on doesn't have power measurement facilities either but I'd be really surprised if it was over 100 watts.

Will email more details privately.

Gordon