Re: [LUG] Sendmail - Clone all incoming email to compare spam filters?

On Thu, 25 Mar 2010, Sam Grabham wrote:

Hi Gordon

Yes it would be the "one acting as a switch to send the message to 2 servers downstream? " option, so what should i put in the /etc/mail/aliases file to make this work?

I have forward to groups, like sales in the past, but never forward all email to another before. I would have use the smart host option.

Ah, lots of emails... not just one address.. Hm.

In which case I can't think of anything easy off-hand.

If you had a complete list of emails, then in /etc/aliases:

gordon:         gordon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,gordon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
sam:            sam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,sam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

where test1.local.com would need to be a MX record pointing to the local server - same for test2.local.com.... (you might get away with

gordon:  gordon@[192.168.42.45], gordon@[192.168.42.46]

though.

Remember to accept emails to the domain on each test server - /etc/mail/local-host-names needs an entry for each domain it's accepting email for.

Gordon

Regards

Sam