Re: [LUG] OT: Windows 7 is FREE (according to Dell)

On Sat, 20 Mar 2010 12:13:55 -0000, <dandart@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

... Novatech... Â319...

You think that's cheap? If you know how to build a PC, you'd know how cheap it can get. 2 years ago I got an AMD Athlon X2 4800+ (2.5GHz), an AM2 board
that supported 16GB RAM, (I bought 2 gig), a wifi card. the case with
massive fans, a wifi card, 250GB SATA HD, an nvidia 8500GT (they were ok at
the time)... all for, have a guess...

Â230.

I'd like to see you using that on the train! Also what about mouse, monitor, speakers, keyboard? They would eat up that Â89 price difference easily enough (let's face it, using ones you had lying around is cheating in a price comparison). Then there's the trolley and the batteries...