Re: [LUG] [Fwd: Germany warns against Firefox use]

On 23 March 2010 10:31, Martijn Grooten <sweetwatergeek@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 22, 2010 at 5:15 PM, Julian Hall wrote:
>> 'The German government has warned its citizenry against the use of the
>> Firefox browser due to security issues.'

> While I have no reason to doubt the seriousness of the vulnerability,
> the government advising people to switch browsers every time someone
> finds a security hole is a bit silly (as someone says in the article).
>
> Martijn.

Indeed. Its most silly. It was a good move when they did it for IE,
helping raise awareness of how 'leaky' IE actually is. But whoever is
issuing the alerts has suddenly got a bit of a hair trigger.

So do we count how many times they recommend people dont use IE vs
Firefox, or look and see if Opera are giving em backhanders? :D