Re: [LUG] Potential presentation to TDA

tom brough wrote:

> What I am really stuck with is finding articles (preferably with
> referenced statistics) that show how adoption of Open Source in
> economically deprived areas has stimulated the economy. This is probably
> because the real savings / costs are difficult to quantify to any degree
> of accuracy that researchers are confident to publish.

Extremadura is probably the main region that is most comparable.

Bits of South America have similar experience, but probably quite
different regional pressures.

I'm not sure you can demonstrate if adoption stimulates the economy, you
can only say if the adoption saved money on the relevant budget.

On the other-hand Extremadura hosted one of the Debconf9 - does that
count ;)

The FSF have good contacts in Extremadura - so maybe kick Matt or RMS
for some info, they can always send you to the more appropriate person.

mattl@xxxxxxx
rms@xxxxxxx

 Simon