Re: [LUG] NHS - Summary Care Records (a bit OT)

Gordon Henderson wrote:

Anyone here had the form from the NHS recently?

If you want to opt-out of their new uber database, you need to download a form off the 'net, print it and take it in-person to your local GP.

Personally, I'm not at all convinced that our government, let alone the NHS has the capability to keep anything secure, and I'm not sure I want every one with any sort of access to the data having access, so I'm opting out.

Shame it's such a PITA to do it though - however, it seems this is deliberate. If more than 0.5% of people opt-out then the system becomes unviable according to what I've been reading on the net.

If you get the form and you want to opt-out, here is the form for Devon:

  http://www.devonpct.nhs.uk/documents/SCR/optout.pdf

although it looks fairly generic, so I guess it's the same form for all over the country.

Gordon

I'd love the NHS to have a good secure central database.
I'd love for proper research organisations to have access to the relevant data.
I just know the insurance companies are going to get hold of it....
Maybe in twenty years...
Tom te tom te tom