Re: [LUG] NHS - Summary Care Records (a bit OT)

On Fri, 19 Mar 2010, Philip Whateley wrote:

Interesting stuff on The Register on this.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/04/09/scr_cannot_be_deleted/

Indeed...

Also interesting that they say on the opt-out form that the safeguards against hackers are "far stronger than the safeguards in place anywhere in the NHS today"

Actually, it's not hackers I'm overly concerned about - it's the usual loss of data - laptops left on trains, etc. that bothers me more. Also there is the risk of the bored hospital nurse who has access, sitting down at night and just going through records at random - sure, it'll be logged, but that doesn't seem to deter people in other organisations from doing just this...

Gordon