Re: [LUG] Thunderbird 3

On Thu, Mar 18, 2010 at 10:02:14AM +0000, NW wrote:
> Juan J. Martínez wrote:
> > El jue, 18-03-2010 a las 08:37 +0000, NW escribió:
> >> I am still using version 2 of TB. (Kubuntu Hardy). Is there any
> >> advantage to upgrading to version 3?

<snip>

> Thanks for that. I think I will leave well alone.
>
> The main reason I asked is for the wife. She still uses XP and has
> started to have trouble with Outlook Express. I don't understand it at
> all so I am wondering about installing TB for her. Trouble is, all the
> downloads seem to be for TB version 3. Hence my question.
>
> I will go on searching
>
> Neil

If you can't find it, let me know, I have a copy at home.

I use Thunderbird 3 at home on the wife's PC (Win7).  It's not bad, there are some
features I do like but others which just annoy me (the way it guesses my e-mail
server details, handy for some but gets in my way and seems to be a pain to get
past, the way I can't turn off threaded e-mails - well I can but it turns em back on
when I restart TB and the search).

If you want to upgrade on Kubuntu I'd suggest waiting for Kubuntu 10.04 LTS, you
should be able to upgrade from 8.04 LTS to 10.04 LTS.

Rob