Re: [LUG] Thunderbird 3

On 18/03/10 10:02, NW wrote:
> Juan J. MartÃnez wrote:
>> El jue, 18-03-2010 a las 08:37 +0000, NW escribiÃ:
>>> I am still using version 2 of TB. (Kubuntu Hardy). Is there any
>
> The main reason I asked is for the wife. She still uses XP and has
> started to have trouble with Outlook Express. I don't understand it at
> all so I am wondering about installing TB for her. Trouble is, all the
> downloads seem to be for TB version 3. Hence my question.
>
> I will go on searching
>
> Neil

Version 3 Thunderbird is ok with XP.

I have TB 3 on all 4 systems now, XP  + SuSE,  Win  Vista HP (x2),
Initially left XP at  TB 2  for compatability with  others ( necesary
for iPod  extract of name book etc by my son with an  extra that only
works on TB2, so machine had TB3 on SUSE and TB 2 on XP.

TB 3 has some advantages, 1) the calendar feature and messages can be
tabbed  this is very useful. 2)Better layout, 3) some security features.
It has an 'Archive feature' that segregates by years so reducing size of
current inbox etc. ( Only used minimally by me but useful)
--
Regards
Eion MacDonald