Re: [LUG] Folding@home 'errors'

Gordon Henderson wrote:
Or just stop running f@h on that PC.
Its not causing ME a 'problem' - just intrigued - and wanting an excuse to upgrade - but if I upgrade and then use the old machine and nothing goes wrong with it some of my external organs may receive damage.

How do I do this sensibly - I dont want to know every step it takes just the bit where it does something to 'correct' an error - if indeed it has?

Maybe it can't correct the error - which is why it stops...
Its (f@h) a big FP maths problem. It does provide some info but 'just gone wrong- shouldn't be here' is about all it can realistically manage. I run a lot of spice sims which dont fail unexpectedly and are almost pure number crunching. Its just f@h fails on this machine - and not the others... If anyone knows of an FPU checker - ie it knows what the result should be before asking?
Tom te tom te tom