Re: [LUG] Switches, routers and the whatnot

Simon Waters wrote:
Henry Bremridge wrote:
I have been asked to get a wireless extender at home...

I assume you've attached the antenna that comes with the WAG354 and
tried positioning it somewhere sensible to improve range.

(Apart from the fact that with a new wifi wireless router I may
avoid the need for an extender and ditch the switch).

Says who? I doubt the range has improved much. Unless of course the
routers expose the switches to tell it to use US permitted power levels
as that would be illegal to use.

You might pick up a better antenna second hand on Ebay - which would help.

I've got a link to a design for a helical antenna that looks quite easy to make at home. Two of these can be used for roughly 2.5km 11g
Tom te tom te tom