Re: [LUG] Meetings at Holsworthy - continued

Neil Winchurst wrote:
In an earlier email I suggested the possibility of arranging meetings
for list members at Holsworthy Memorial Hall. There was some interest
shown so I have made some more enquiries.

I finally managed to track down the manager, Mrs Pat Burtenshaw, and
discussed the idea. The building has a main hall and a smaller room off
it which is the computer suite. There is a door to this room from the
main hall and also a separate entrance from outside the building. This
latter can be useful if there is already an event in the main hall.

There are already set prices for hiring the main hall and for the
computer room. However the latter price includes use of the computers.
They have never before had a request to hire the computer room without
needing to use the computers. (They are all set up for Windows, of
course, so not much use to us.)

When I pointed out that we would not be needing to use the computers,
just the room, the manager asked me to sent a letter to her explaining
all this. There is a meeting every month about the Hall and she will
then discuss the situation and see what price they can come up with for
hiring the room only. The next meeting is on the 17th of March.

I have written the letter and will deliver it by hand tomorrow. When I
hear the outcome I will pass on details.

Regards

Neil Winchurst

top job!

Dave