Re: [LUG] Oddity in CPU benchmark

On Wed, 3 Mar 2010, Simon Waters wrote:

Noticed that "hardinfo 0.4.2.3" is installed and idly clicked on it
whilst looking for something else.

Hm. New one on me, - pretty though...

It claims my CPU is slower than an Intel Celeron M 1.5GHz for MD5 and
SHA1 benchmarks, but faster for everything else.

Seems odd to me, some sort of processor feature of the Celeron or
benchmark issue?

What's your processor?

I've just tried it with my workstation - a 1.6GHz Atom - MD5 gives me a score of 48.4 (says a 1.5GHz Celeron is 38.7)

SHA1 is 49.7 on mine, 27.1 on their reference Celeron..

Your CPU isn't stuck at low-clock speed or something?

Gordon