Re: [LUG] Firefox problem with the Co-Op websites

On Mon, 2010-02-15 at 10:01 +0000, Henry Bremridge wrote:
> Every time I try and login to any of the Co-Op websites I invariably get
> hit with the following error message "The connection to the server was
> reset while the page was loading."
>
> I have checked out google / mozilla and there appear to be two common
> problems
>
> - Change default from ipv6 to ipv4 in the about:config status
> - Disable the plug in "DownthemAll"
>
> Finally what is really irritating is when I think there is a major
> problem, then it will suddenly work normally.
>
> Has anyone had similar problems? Either with the co-op or other banks?
> Can anyone suggest an alternative browser?

I have been using firefox and the coop bank for years and have never had
any problems. Not a useful answer I know. Have you tried it in other
browsers? Maybe opera or chrome - I just had a go with chrome, but hit
the problem that instead of display numbers in the security numbers drop
down it displayed "*"'s.  Not great, but as they run zero to nine not
too bad. Otherwise it works fine.

I was having the same problem withe the guardian site. The script in one
of its cookies was causing some endless recursion type thing. Deleting
the cookie got rid of it, (it was the auto sign to the gruniad site that
seemed to cause it and after switching this feature off all is OK).

Simon