Re: [LUG] No desk top computer?

Neil Winchurst wrote:
Rob Beard wrote:
Neil Winchurst wrote:
Thanks for the advice. As I said in a previous reply I like a large screen so I would probably not consider a notebook. I would not want to carry it about really, so weight would not be a problem.

Neil

In that case maybe you might want to consider a 16 or 17" notebook, they're probably getting on the verge of being too big to sit on your lap comfortably but on a table they'd probably be fine.

Rob

Am I getting confused here? I think of the main difference between a notebook and a laptop is size. To me a 16" or 17" screen would mean a laptop computer. I think of notebooks as having about 10 or 11 inch screens. Am I wrong?

Neil

Hi Neil,

I may have accidentally fuelled the confusion. What I referred to as a netbox in my original reply is more properly referred to as a net-top. Essentially net*books* are smaller laptops, and net*tops* are smaller desktops. The ones Rob and I mentioned are, according to the blurb, about the size of a hard-back book, and can fit on the back of a monitor saving even more space.

Kind regards,

Julian