Re: [LUG] lshw -html UPDATED

tom wrote:

> I dont want to change the ownership without setting it back to whatever
> it was before - does anyone know a little script that will save the file
> settings somewhere and then change them so sudo can edit and save the
> file and then write them back again?

cp and vi will do that fine.

Is it that you can't save it, or that the content reverts after saving?

You could end up being referred to how to ask smart questions page ;)

Distro and version?
Hardware giving perceived issue as Grant asked?
In the case of file permissions problems "ls -l" output please.
If the case of not being able to save a file, what tool are you editing
it with and what error.