Re: [LUG] meeting

tom brough wrote:
Gordon Henderson wrote:
6502 - the best :)

So here's a chanllenge - I made this many (many!) years back, get
Linux to run on it :)

http://unicorn.drogon.net/6502back.jpg
http://unicorn.drogon.net/6502front.jpg

Then, once you've done that, try this:

http://unicorn.drogon.net/stuff/mk14.jpg
I've still got one of those somewhere!

Gordon

Interesting how do you intend to emulate MMU ?

I do believe that at one time someone was working on an 8086 (ie pre
386) version of Linux but I think the project died.
http://elks.sourceforge.net/
seems to have stopped in 2006
I did get it running on an old 80286 and it sort of worked by minix was a lot better I do remember thinking it would be great for education as it it was a good headfull but not too big
Tom te tom te tom