Re: [LUG] Open source? What's that?

On Wed, 3 Feb 2010, Simon Robert wrote:

And can we quit using religious language when discussing this. If
someone described linux as a gospel to me I would never give it another
thought...

As a confimed athiest myself, I have no issues with the word "gospel", although it has many meanings, I don't see any real religious overtones using the way we're using it here.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/gospel

If you're on about the writings of people going on about the bloke who alledgedly got nailed to a tree ~2000 years ago, it's usually capitalised.

You'll be winging about holy wars (cf. vi vs. emacs) next ;-)

Gordon