Re: [LUG] Open source? What's that?

LOL @ Domain.
> [2]
> http://www.theregister.co.uk/1999/11/05/how_ms_played_the_incompatibility/
> [3] http://blogs.zdnet.com/microsoft/?p=1274
> [4] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_v._Microsoft
> [5]
> http://arstechnica.com/open-source/news/2010/01/facebook-becomes-apache-software-foundation-sponsor.ars

Well here in Paignton we are making progress on this as the lug has
regular meetings,  as soon as the lighthouse is up and running with a
Ubuntu LTSP network,  then that will give ubuntu some much needed exposure.

Hopefully from that we can direct people to suppliers of PC's without
Windows.

Perhaps we can organise a Bar Camp in or ubuntu hour in Paignton I will
see what I can do when i have some time, (unless someone else can do it,
HINT, in a different area).

there are also several posters on my website www.zleap.net under
portfolio including one for the upcoming 10.04 release, again perhaps
these can be put up by lug members.

Paul

- --
Paul Sutton
www.zleap.net

Ubuntu 9.10 is out : Visit www.ubuntu.com for details
DCGLUG MEETINGS - Details on www.dcglug.org.uk/drupal6,  - please click
on Group meetings link on right hand side
Aged 11 - 19 then dfey may be for you,  please goto http://www.dfey.org
for more details