[LUG] Ubuntu Wastebasket

Has anyone come across this?

I am using Ubuntu 9.04 amd64. All security updates made.

Since today's updates (mainly security problems with wxPython) I am
getting the following anomaly. Before I file a bug report, I just wanted
to know if anyone else has seen it.

-If there is a deleted file in trash, clicking the trash-can icon,
crashes Nautilus, and also hides any files on my desktop.

-Right-clicking on the trash icon and deleting files in trash makes
files on my desktop visible, and also allows me to open the Deleted
Items Folder in Nautilus.

-The same thing happens if I already have the Deleted Items Folder open
in Nautilus, and then move a file to waste-basket.

I can work around it, in that I can see files in the Deleted items
folder by navigating to .local/share/Trash/files and ls -a from the
command line, so I know what I might be permanently deleting. Also
navigating to .local/share/Trash/files in Nautilus works.

Any ideas? Also as a relative newbie, what information should I be
gathering for a bug report?

Phil