Re: [LUG] hp mininote 2133

On 30/01/2010 19:28, Rhia Knowles wrote:
I find it depends on if your running it full screen or not, and what res.

If its above a W/XGA  size screen, dont run iplayer full screen in
linux. Make sure the flash player is the latest from Adobe, and it may
help too.

I gather Flash playback on Linux is not that great at higher resolutions unless you're running Flash 10 and have an NVidia chipset which support VDPAU for video acceleration. Then I understand it runs quite well.

Sadly only a couple of netbooks and not many notebooks have a compatible NVidia chipset :-(

Rob