Re: [LUG] preston community magazine

Adrian Midgley (Gmail) wrote:
> On Sat, 2010-01-30 at 11:37 +0000, Paul Sutton wrote:
>
>> this has got me thinking if we can write something on a monthly basis,
>> on free software (as thats not commercial) we may be able to get a
>> monthly slot in the magazine.
>

> Good idea.
> I might be able to do a paragraph on open source software in Canadian
> General Practice.

General Practice  as in "solicitors" or "medical practitioners".
I know of one USA law firm whose office is totally working on open
source software, but it had its problems with accounts (uses GnuCash)
and also initially with legal formatting of documents (uses OO.o)as
required by USA court practice.

--
Regards
Eion MacDonald (eionmac@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx)

Electronic mail is not secure and may not be authentic.
 If you have any doubts as to the contents please telephone to confirm.