[LUG] Participating in Novell eDirectory/GroupWise shenanigans

Hi all,

My new employer uses Novell directory stuff (well, Novell login
screens on all the XP machines I've seen).

I'm using Ubuntu 9.10 32bit.

I have managed to get the GroupWise 'client' (ie mail and calendaring)
up and running OK - downloaded the SuSE RPMs, aliened them, swapped
which JRE it was pointing to.  Now to get the other bits working too.

Everywhere I look about this seems to be about installing eDirectory
on Ubuntu Server (with the usual recommendations that they would
probably be better off with OpenLDAP instead, if this is a new setup)
- but I haven't found anything useful about setting up Ubuntu Desktop
client-side authentication to an existing Novell eDirectory system.

The most important thing, for me, is to be able to access the 'shares'
- anyone know how to do this?

Cheers
Grant. :)