Re: [LUG] Bah! Disks! Bah!

On Fri, 29 Jan 2010, kevin wrote:

Have you tested the Hard disk controller yet?

As much as I can when it's plugged into the drives...

The mobo actually has 6 SATA II ports, but I'm only using 2...

or run the disks up on another mc?

No, I don't have that ability just now. It's just under 300 miles away, and although I have "remote hands", they come at a fee for anything other than quick and simple checks, but once I get there I'll be giving it a good set of tests.

I have schedulled a shutdown & lid-off to check the cables though.

Cheers,

Gordon