Re: [LUG] OT: marketing calls Pt 69!

Julian Hall wrote:
tom wrote:
I just got a weird call - form someone saying they were from Berkleys Bank doing a survey of the market.
'Sorry not interested' *click* :)
Doesn't cost them enough time or money - hold them on the line as long as possible!
What got me was the fact the speaker had asian voice patterns but an American 'accent'
Learned their English in America [or off American software]? More common than you'd think.
No - the voice was electronically modulated. I have the ignomony of having learned to speak in the US so I know at least one of the accents better than most. At first I thought the weird features that accompanied it we're from aliasing but there were other features that took me back to late nights messing about with synthesisers and early digital filtering.
You can get FLOSS voice changer software that will 'attempt' this.
Tom te tom te tom