Re: [LUG] Meetings - Plymouth - Talks

On Sat, 16 Jan 2010, Rob Beard wrote:

I also wonder if long term it might be worth looking at the Business South West show in Exeter (I think it's held later on in the year) at Westpoint. Not sure what the stand costs are but again lots of businesses visit the show so it could be a good opportunity to make contacts even for say a follow up event/talk.

Not convinced myself - I've been there as a punter the past 2 years - this year it's the 14th/15th October.

I did look at having a stand myself last year, but I think it was something like £200 per square metre and I don't recall if that was for one day, or both. Minimum you'd need is 4 square metres and that starts to make it very expensive for a bunch of individuals trying to promote themselves and something that's free.

Ah, looking at the site now, it's £290 per square metre. (or was last year - but I think last year as they were struggling for exhibitors, they were offering last minute deals)

http://www.business2businessshows.com/whats-included-in-the-price

Judging from what I saw last time, I'm not sure it would help that much - I think most people who went just used it as a bit of a day out. Not sure really hoe much actual business was done - I know a few of the peopel who were exhibiting were just doing it to meet their existing customers though, but some did get new business from it.

Anyway...

Gordon