Re: [LUG] Fw: [freecycletruro] offered: desktop computer

On Tue, 2010-01-12 at 23:49 +0000, alex mclennan wrote:
> L Smith wrote:
> > Probably already been said somewhere here, but an excellent way to
> > spread the linux message, offering  suitable reassembled machines,
> > loaded with Ubuntu or Mint, as long as they are fully set up most
> > people would be able to use them.
> >

> if i could put a machine or two together and load with mint 8 what sort
> of spec would you need them to be,then they could be used  at open days
> lug meets or for whatever purpose the dclug see,s fit.
> i did try and give away a linux machine on the exeter freecycle sight
> some time ago but had no takers.
> cheers all alex the not so noob

I would have thought that the Ubuntu OEM install mode would be perfect
when you want to give machines away.

Other distros might offer similar things but I haven't looked.

Sophos Plc, The Pentagon, Abingdon Science Park, Abingdon, OX14 3YP, United Kingdom.
Company Reg No 2096520. VAT Reg No GB 348 3873 20.