Re: [LUG] meeting summer 2010

> Is the intention that there will be a area for installations / demos as
> well as the presentations ?
>
> If so here's one to start with, I have in mind to make up a PC based
> multi-media player (pref Debian) Would this be an area of interest ?
>
> It's not something I have any experience with but it might make a 'how I
> did it' and 'what I did wrong on the way' story - just a thought.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Chris

This is somethng we need to think about, and will also depend on the
venue.  What i would like to see is more than one event,  the light
house may be ideal for install / trouble shooting events, partly as they
will have the infrastructure in place for such a thing.

If we are to host the summer event at a hotel, I would rather keep it to
talks, that way it's easy to explain and we don't have to worry about
people bringing in PC's which could scratch their furniture,  the
lighthouse people are more likely to agree to a install /
troubleshooting type event.

If we say the summer 2010 event is simply a set of talks, and social
(which there will be a social aspect), we can then think about inviting
people in say ian lynch, which would be more appropriate.

clearly in addition if we get sponsors we can invite people we know for
example teachers, ICT staff, etc,

its something i want to sit down and discuss with people so we have a
really clear idea of what we want to do.  We then draft
out our proposals and can approach potential venues / sponsors.

I think right now actual open to the general public events where they
can wander in / out at will are out of the question, but the option to
"invite" guests, would be a good and workable option.

I agree with rob lets meet up at the shoreline on a saturday (for a
normal lug meet) and say the lighthouse on a sunday, and really thrash
out what we want to do.

Paul

- --
Paul Sutton
www.zleap.net

Ubuntu 9.10 is out : Visit www.ubuntu.com for details
The January meeting of the DCLUG will now take place on SUNDAY 10th
January, 3pm at the shoreline in Paignton.
Aged 11 - 19 then dfey may be for you,  please goto http://www.dfey.org
for more details