[LUG] Digital Afterlife

A local mag (Admart) has an interesting article for the most recent
issue entitled 'Preparing for the Digital Afterlife'. It points out that
people are increasingly living their lives on-line but most forget to
make any arrangements for their next of kin should anything untoward
happen to them. This could include serious injury or illness as well as
their death of course.

Thinking about it just for myself I have lots of on-line accounts with
their relevant user names and passwords, not least being my bank
account. This could include for example My Space, Twitter, PayPal and
E-bay and any web sites. How can the surviving family deal with this
without any knowledge of those account names and passwords?

I do have keepassx installed and have started to set it up. This means
that, once ready, I can give my family just the password for this one
program enabling them to find out all my other account details. That way
they will be able to sort it all out for me more easily.

However, keepassx may not be the best program. Also it is on my home
computer which could fail. I have back-ups of course. Perhaps there are
better internet programs which I could use on my web site?

I would be interested in any comments and suggestions from list members.

Thanks

Neil Winchurst