Re: [LUG] Levono Smartbook

On Tue, 5 Jan 2010, Rob Beard wrote:

I like the look of this beastie...

http://www.reghardware.co.uk/2010/01/05/lenovo_skylight/

At over £300 though it's a tad pricey. I was expecting the Arm 'Smartbooks' to be much cheaper than £300, more nearer the £150 mark. Oh well, maybe as they come to market the prices may come down a tad.

Saw that earlier, but thought I'd posted enough today already ;-)

There seems to be a lot coming up this year in that format - not a "netbook" (the netbook is dead apparently ;-) and yet not a laptop, so they've called it a "smartbook"... At least this one has a SIM card slot on-board already... Lets hope it also has the 3G modem...

I think the manufactirers are just playing with us - flooding the market to see what we'll take. Touchscreen but bigger than an iPhone will be the next thing - but apple seem to have that in the works, but for $600, I don't think I'll bother...

Elliot Carver, anyone?

Gordon