Re: [LUG] BBC 'multimedia' games

Shockwave runs fine in wine, whether in FF or Star Trek Encyclopedia.

On 26 Dec 2009, at 11:23, Rob Beard <rob@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 26/12/2009 10:17, tom wrote:
My daughters were given a few second hand BBC games and some 'Knowledge Adventure' CD's as well. Anyone have any experience of running these under Linux and got easy tips for getting them running there?
Tom te tom te tom

I've had mixed experiences running these sort of CDs under Wine. My daughters have some 'Play and Learn' CDs which are for Windows or Mac (OS 9) and they barely run under Wine. I think it's something to do with the Shockwave they use (which isn't available for Linux!). I gave up in the end.

Still might be worth trying Wine, or as a last resort, Windows in a virtual machine (as I guess these CDs don't require much power, most of the ones I've seen will work on a Pentium II or higher).

Rob