Re: [LUG] New MiniITX Atom board (and sods law)

Rob Beard wrote:
> On 22/12/2009 20:53, Paul Sutton wrote:
>>
>> Rob Beard wrote:
>>
>>> Hi folks,
>>>
>>> I swear the kids PC knew it was due for an upgrade, just typical though
>>> it fails tonight of all days, just too late to do anything about it.
>>>
>>> Not worry though, being a Mini ITX case, I've already got ideas of the
>>> next upgrade, maybe something like this...
>>>
>>> http://tinyurl.com/y8toftx
>>> *
>>> *It's an ECS Mini ITX motherboard featuring the new Atom D510
>>> processor.  From what I understand the D510 processor is one of the new
>>> dual core Atoms running at 1.66GHz and features integrated graphics on
>>> the CPU and also an integrated memory controller for better performance
>>> and a bit of a drop in power usage overall (the new CPU uses 13W).
>>>
>>> So looks like this is what the kids will be getting.  It'll be more than
>>> enough for them for what they do and it means I won't have to chuck the
>>> case away (although the PSU being an obscure HP part will need
>>> replacing).
>>>
>>> Rob
>>>

>> Nice,
>>
>>   you could fit two of those ontop of the motherboard I have.
>>
>> Paul
>>

> Funny you should say that, I'm sure I saw a load of MiniITX boards
> stacked on top of each other in a cluster. :-)
>
> Rob

that would make a cool lug project :)

Paul

- --
Paul Sutton
www.zleap.net

Ubuntu 9.10 is out : Visit www.ubuntu.com for details
The January meeting of the DCLUG will now take place on SUNDAY 10th
January, 3pm at the shoreline in Paignton.
Aged 11 - 19 then dfey may be for you,  please goto http://www.dfey.org
for more details