Re: [LUG] Bonding ADSL

stinga wrote:

> I have a location that has two ADSL lines and want to create a link to a
> server so we can upload stuff quicker.

Using 2 lines is covered in the LARTC Howto.

http://lartc.org/howto/lartc.rpdb.multiple-links.html

This covers a very basic, make it use both links and handle a given
proportion of connections on a give link. Which for most people is adequate.

If you need to get more speed out of a single TCP/IP upload then it is
more complicated. Although you may find it easier to work around that at
the application layer (i.e. run several rsync in parallel), or to change
the ADSL contracts, than create convoluted VPN configurations.

One could do it, by creating two VPN tunnels to the server from the
client, and telling the routing that the address you need is at the
other end of both with weighted routing as per the example above, but
I'd be loathed to create something that involved when I expect there is
a simpler solution.

More details of what you are trying to achieve always helps.

 Simon